Meditations for Pelvic Health CD
Behavioral Therapy, DVD's
Meditations for Pelvic Health CDSKU: NC-001
Nari Clemons, a national pelvic physical therapy educator and certified pelvic rehab provider, developed this an easy, non-denominational, practice to use at home. She developed this CD as a way for her patients and students to grow their own meditation practices in a format that would help physical conditions, especially those dealing with the pelvis.
Nari Clemons, a national pelvic physical therapy educator and certified pelvic rehab provider, had a meditation practice of her own, yet she struggled to provide patients with an easy, non-denominational, practice to use at home. She developed Meditations for Pelvic Health CD as a way for her patients and students to grow their own meditation practices in a format that would help physical conditions, especially those dealing with the pelvis. Most of the tracks are around 10 minutes long, to allow meditation to fit in a busy life, and all the tracks are designed for beginners or those who are wanting exposure to new types of meditation.
With this CD, patients can choose from a series of meditations which can be linked together or used separately. Different personalities do respond to different types of meditation, and this allows patients to find a good starting place for their self care meditation practice. This is a simplified, non-denominational, universal approach to the world of meditation in short, digestible segments.
Summary of Tracks on the CD:
- Full Body Relaxation: includes reminders to release tension in the pelvic floor, as well as the rest of the body. It is a helpful way to relax during the day or to fall asleep at night. (Time 8:41)
- Breath awareness track allows patients to become more aware of breathing patterns and the body scanning allows patients to keep their pain in perspective of the whole being. (Time 13:30)
- Pranayama: teaches patients to breath deeply, using more of their respiratory capacity. (Time 6:38)
- Pain observation track is a powerful way to observe and lessen the hold that pain has over oneself. (Time 8:12)
- Health affirmations track helps to change thought patterns about our body and to re-frame our function after changes from chronic pain (Time 7:06)
- Loving kindness meditation reminds us to care for ourselves first in our recovery and develop a compassion practice. (Time 7:15)
- Toilet track is specifically designed for patients with constipation or painful bladder syndrome to have more success on the commode, allowing patients to go through a 7 minute routine of breath and abdominal excursion on the commode to maximize relaxation and evacuation and decrease bathroom stress.