Herman & Wallace Pelvic Health for Breast Oncology Patients (Digital Download)
Herman & Wallace Pelvic Health for Breast Oncology Patients (Digital Download)SKU: HW-017
This Herman & Wallace digital download discusses the quality of life of breast cancer patients after recovery. Often times, pelvic health can be overlooked yet it can play a major role on a survivors life. This download sets out to educate the pelvic floor physical therapist and provide them with the necessary tools to treat this patient population.
Pelvic health is an often overlooked dimension of breast cancer recovery, yet it can have a lasting affect on a survivors’ quality of life. As pelvic floor therapists, you need to be aware of the impact that breast cancer treatments, including surgery, chemo, radiation and hormonal therapy have on pelvic health. Pelvic floor therapists working in oncology rehab need to be able to acknowledge pelvic floor dysfunction. address these issues or refer to specialized pelvic colleagues.
This digital download will enhance the PF Therapists understanding of the effects breast cancer treatment has on pelvic health. It will also give the therapist resources for home programs – including exercises, self-massage and postural/ergonomic advice.
This product will contain the following documents:
- Effects of breast cancer treatments on the pelvis: chemotherapy, radiation, hormone therapies. Surgery overview: TRAM, DIEP, SGAP, IGAP
- Effects of breast cancer treatment on the whole body: Surgery, Chemo, XRT, Hormonal Rx. Bone and Joint health. Cognitive changes. Cancer related fatigue.
- Scar management: post-mastectomy, post-reconstruction: both donor sites and reconstruction sites. Manual therapy for scar mobilization.
- Vulvo-vaginal health after breast cancer: side effects of treatment including yeast infections, vaginal atrophy, pelvic floor weakness
- Dyspareunia after breast cancer treatment: hormonal influences, strategies including lubricants, active relaxation of the pelvic floor
- Exercises for mobility and stability: posture/ ergonomics, core stability, breathing awareness
- Exercise and fatigue: recognizing CRF, strategies, precautions, oncologic emergencies
Note: This product is emailed in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word format so that you can instantly access these files and distribute them to patients with your own clinic’s logo.
Herman & Wallace | Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute
Terms & Conditions that apply to all Continuing Education Courses
Copyright ©2020 Herman & Wallace | All Rights Reserved | Published with Permission