Herman & Wallace Self Care for Postpartum Mothers (Digital Download)
Herman & Wallace Self Care for Postpartum Mothers (Digital Download)SKU: HW-016
In this digital download, Herman & Wallace addresses the healthcare challenges faced by postpartum mothers. Often when baby comes, the healthcare needs come second to baby. With this Herman & Wallace created digital presentation, these issues are addressed and given in a format that the Pelvic Floor Therapists can quickly and efficiently handle.
Expectant mothers can often be overshadowed by their newborns. As such it is important to address the many healthcare challenges they face. This digital download from Herman & Wallace addresses some of the most common issues facing postpartum women and gives Pelvic Floor Therapist a format to address these problems.
This presentation addresses common issues seen by Pelvic Floor Therapists treating postpartum women and provides them with knowledge to empower and educate new Moms as they look to restore form, function and health to themselves. The presentation will also enhance the practice of those Pelvic Floor Therapists working by providing them with a series of customizable hand-outs that can be given to both new mothers (as home programs) and to local Obstetricians, Gynecologists and Midwives.
This presentation will contain the following documents:
- Vulvo-vaginal health: handouts on episiotomy, lochia, signs and symptoms of infection, pelvic floor exercises, dyspareunia
- Abdominal care: handouts on C-section scar massage, DRAM: signs and symptoms, exercise strategies, Safe abdominal strengthening
- Bowel & Bladder health: handouts dealing with leaking from the bladder or the anus, overcoming urge incontinence, re-training your bladder to sleep through the night, constipation and proper toileting technique
- Back care for new mothers: handouts on posture, ergonomics, bending/lifting/carrying. Incorporating exercise and rest into your daily routine – the importance of self care
- Red flags for new mothers – when to contact your doctor
These documents will be delivered in the format of Microsoft Word files.
Note: This product is emailed in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word format so that you can instantly access these files and distribute them to patients with your own clinic’s logo.
Herman & Wallace | Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute
Terms & Conditions that apply to all Continuing Education Courses
Copyright ©2020 Herman & Wallace | All Rights Reserved | Published with Permission