V2 Vulvar Varicosities & Prolapse Support
Binders & Supports, Pelvic Floor
V2 Vulvar Varicosities & Prolapse SupportSKU: IYB-V2-xx
Compression therapy for vulvar varicosities or the feeling that “everything is going to fall out the bottom.” Wearing the V2 Supporter before rising in the morning, helps prevent excessive swelling of the vulvar veins.
Web ID: 523
What is the V2 Vulvar Varicosities & Prolapse Support is used for?
Compression therapy for vulvar varicosities or the feeling that “everything is going to fall out the bottom.” During pregnancy, vulvar varicosities can occur for many reasons. As your uterus grows throughout pregnancy, it begins to place increased pressure on the veins around your pelvic area. This pressure begins to reduce or restrict adequate blood flow to the pubic region. This reduced blood flow, coupled with naturally higher levels of oestrogen and progesterone, can result in the veins becoming distended, and popping out, thus creating Vulvar Varicosities (similar to varicose veins, except they appear in the pubic area). Vulvar varicosities can be sore and uncomfortable and can lead to the feeling of everything about to ‘fall out the bottom’. The compression therapy applied to the pubic area when wearing the V2 Supporter, helps to alleviate this feeling, and by wearing the V2 Supporter before rising in the morning, the amount of swelling in the vulvar veins can be reduced.
When should I use it?
Wearing the V2 Supporter before rising in the morning, helps prevent excessive swelling of the vulvar veins. The V2 Supporter provides clinically proven compression therapy. Available in Petite, Small, Medium and Large. Please note, once this item has been opened it can not be returned.
Please note that the V2 Supporter does not have an adjustable waistband, and does not provide support or compression to the hip/pelvic area. It only offers compression to the vulvar and pubic area. If you would like a product that offers an adjustable waistband and hip support, please see the Serola SI Belt or the Postpartum Support.
- It is doctor recommended
- It can be adjusted to suit your particular compression needs providing maximum comfort and support
- It is a safe and effective form of compression therapy
- It is soft, light, and is machine washable (hang on the line to dry)
- This product can be worn by both pregnant and non-pregnant women
- Vulvar Varicosities – a fairly common pregnancy condition as explained above.
- Perineal edema – swelling in the perineal area
- Incontinence – an involuntary leakage of urine. Common amongst pregnant women due to weak pelvic floor muscles
- External Prolapsed uterus or bladder – a serious condition, where weakened pelvic floor muscles mean the uterus slips into the vagina
V2 Supporter wearing instructions:
Ensuring that the applique on the V2 Supporter is at the front and center of the hip band, step into the V2 Supporter as you would regular underpants. If you need to increase or decrease the level of compression, loosen the tabs on the back two straps, then anchor the tabs by placing them either higher up (to give less compression) or lower down (to provide more compression) on the straps to achieve the level of compression that is right for your needs.