Vaginismus Vaginal Dilator (Set of Six Dilators plus Handle)
Vaginismus Vaginal Dilator (Set of Six Dilators plus Handle)SKU: VCOM-T8077
CURRENTLY THIS ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK DUE TO SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES. TO PURCHASE A COMPARABLE PRODUCT THAT IS IN STOCK, CLICK HERE FOR THE AMIELLE DILATOR SET.
Effective treatment approaches for vaginismus combine pelvic floor control exercises, insertion or dilation training combined with generalized guided relaxation therapy. Vaginismus vaginal dilators include a package of six graduated vaginal dilators to provide the user with the means to successfully treat vaginismus.
For Clinicians referring patients for this product, please use our Rx Pad which can be found by clicking here.
Web ID: 526
Out of stock
What is Vaginismus?
Vaginismus is a condition involving a muscle spasm in the pelvic floor muscles. It can make it painful, difficult, or impossible to have sexual intercourse, to undergo a gynecological exam, and to insert a tampon.
How Treatable is Vaginismus?
Vaginismus is highly treatable. Successful vaginismus treatment does not require drugs, surgery, hypnosis, nor any other complex invasive technique. Effective treatment approaches combine pelvic floor control exercises, insertion or dilation training, pain elimination techniques, transition steps, and exercises designed to help women identify, express and resolve any contributing emotional components. Treatment steps can often be completed at home, allowing a woman to work at her own pace in privacy, or in cooperation with her health care provider.
- The sexual pain, tightness and penetration difficulties from vaginismus are fully treatable and can be completely overcome with no remaining pain or discomfort.
- Women experiencing sexual tightness/pain, penetration problems, or unconsummated relationships can expect remarkable resolution of their vaginismus, allowing full, pain-free intercourse.
- Treatment steps can usually be completed at home using a self-help approach, allowing a woman to work at her own pace in privacy, or in cooperation with her health care provider or specialist.
- Vaginismus treatment exercises follow a manageable, step-by-step process (Vaginal Dilator Techniques).
What comes in the package and what are the sizes?
- Each set includes six graduated vaginal dilators
- universal easy-grip handle
- lubricant sample
- soft cotton carrying pouch
The dilators have a silky-smooth finish to ensure maximum comfort while the gently curved shape eases entry and transition up in size. The handle improves insertion control while keeping lubricant off one’s hands. The product is medically safe for individual use and easy to clean with soapy water. For storage portability and privacy, dilators fit one inside another forming a convenient, small package.
NOTE: Our new, smallest vaginal dilator is narrower than a tampon. This size is particularly suited for women who have difficulty with tampon insertion and also helps to assist with a smooth transition to larger sizes.