“Your Best Pregnancy” Take the Ouch! Out of Pregnancy!
“Your Best Pregnancy” Take the Ouch! Out of Pregnancy!SKU: Book 978-1-936303-61-8
Your Best Pregnancy provides simple solutions and easy exercises to help women feel their best from head to toe. Authored by Jill Hoefs, MPT & Denise Jagroo, DPT, MTC, WCS, who have over twenty years of experience helping women ease sore feet, aching backs, incessant peeing, and many other uncomfortable conditions.
Your Best Pregnancy provides simple solutions and easy exercises to help women feel their best from head to toe. Some of the issues covered in this 227 page illustrated book cover:
- Lower & Upper Back Pain
- Bladder Issues
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Heel and foot pain (Plantar Fasciitis)
- Lower Abdominal/Groin Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Pubis Symphysis
- Sacroiliac Pain
- Coccyx Pain
- Varicose Veins
Chapter 2 of the book goes on to explain how important it is to exercise during pregnancy. In fact, the recommended amount of exercise is >30 minutes per day sourcing the American Congress of Obstetricians & Gynecologists. The benefit of which are helpful in the following ways:
- Helps to reduce backaches, constipation, bloating and swelling.
- Helps to prevent gestational diabetes.
- Increases energy and improves mood.
- Promotes muscle tone, strength and endurance.
- Helps with more restful sleep.
In chapter 3 you will learn about the muscles that make up your pelvic floor and how to take care of your pelvic floor during pregnancy to ensure your best possible delivery while maintaining pelvic floor strength to prevent common postpartum issues such as stress incontinence, urgency etc…
Your Best Pregnancy takes the reader through pregnancy to delivery and how to take care of yourself and baby. Topics of the remaining chapters include:
- “Between the Sheets during your Pregnancy” discusses the benefits of intimacy not only from a from a pelvic floor perspective but emotional too!
- “Bed Rest: Survival Tips” for those who have been instructed to be on bed rest.
- “Planning for Labor and Delivery”
- “Safe and Helpful Ways to Take Care of your Newborn(s)”
- “Taking Care of the Postpartum Mama”
Your Best Pregnancy is authored by Jill Hoefs, MPT & Denise Jagroo, DPT, MTC, WCS, two physical therapists with over twenty years of combined experience helping women ease sore feet, aching backs, incessant peeing, and many other uncomfortable conditions.