The Ab System – Pre & Postpartum Belly Wrapping System
The Ab System – Pre & Postpartum Belly Wrapping SystemSKU: BMSI-AS-XX
The Ab System is recommended for expectant Mom’s from the third trimester through delivery and beyond. Belly rapping plays a role in healing diastasis recti by encouraging re-alignment of the rectus muscles, supporting the pelvic and uterus to normal size and improving circulation. Click below to see How To Wear Your Ab System!
The Ab System was designed by a team of pelvic floor physiotherapists and postpartum pelvic floor fitness specialists. This abdominal binder is recommended by Doctors, Midwives, Doulas and Physiotherapists. The Ab System abdominal binder has everything you need to Prepare, Recover and Restore so you CAN have core confidence for parenthood! Belly wrapping plays a role in healing diastasis recti by encouraging re-alignment of the rectus muscles, supporting the pelvic and uterus to normal size and improving circulation.
During Your Pregnancy:
- Order the Ab System so that you can start the Core Confidence program during pregnancy and get to use your wrap right after giving birth
- We have a based the sizing on you taking your measurements during pregnancy, ideally around 30 weeks.
After the Birth
The wrap was designed to be worn immediately postpartum up to around 8 weeks, or until you have restored the ability to generate tension in your abdominal wall. A pelvic floor physiotherapist is an essential part of your recovery and will help determine this.
- Use the Core Confidence program to restore your core.
- You must wrap from the bottom up. (See the video below) Wrapping from top down will increase pressure on the uterus and pelvic organs causing a downward descent (prolapse)
- You are aiming for a light compression (gentle hug) and allow for involution of the uterus. Too much compression will increase IAP (intra abdominal pressure) and compromise the pelvic floor
- Belly wrapping alone is not enough – you must do the appropriate exercises to restore the core from the inside out. Better yet, we recommend you do core exercise while you are still pregnant to help prepare your core for birth.
Belly Wrapping Plays A Role In:
- Healing diastasis recti and encouraging re-alignment of the rectus muscles (the 6 pack)
- Keeping the birthing parent warm (mother roasting)
- Encouraging rest
- Supporting the pelvis and the tissues in the abdominal wall
- Guiding the postpartum person into restorative posture and alignment
- Supporting the uterus in its return to its normal size (involution)
- Improving circulation
- Providing comfort and support – especially after cesarean births
What is included in the Ab System?
- 2 Ab Tanks
- 1 Ab Wrap
- 1 Delicates Laundry Bag
What is the Ab Wrap made of?
The Ab Wrap is made with wooly stretch nylon, a padded lumbar support and we have gripper elastic on the lumbar pad that is made with 27% polyester and 73% rubber (contains latex).
In your complete system you receive 2 Ab Tanks and 1 Ab Wrap and 1 delicates laundry bag. When it is time to wash one of your Ab Tanks place it in your delicates bag all by itself (meaning without the wrap) and machine wash in cold water and then hang to dry. Good news is that you have your 2nd Ab Tank and Ab Wrap to wear while the other is being washed! To wash your Ab Wrap we recommend hand washing it then hanging to dry to preserve the Velcro and the elastic. Because you wear it over your Ab Tank you will not need to wash the Ab Wrap as much.
The combination of both is what makes a real difference in your postpartum recovery!
NOTE: Please do not purchase this product if your goal is to ‘flatten your abs’. This garment is not a waist trainer but rather a pelvic and lower abdominal support wrap for postpartum recovery or temporary support in rehab movement under the guidance of a physiotherapist.
Small (Under Bust 28-34 in.; Hips 30-40 in.), Medium (Under Bust 33-39 in.; Hips 35-45 in.), Large (Under Bust 38-44 in.; Hips 40-50 in.), X-Large Large (Under Bust 43-49 in.; Hips 45-55 in.)