Dynarex Ultrasound Gel Non-Greasy Fragrance Free
Dynarex Ultrasound Gel Features:
- Dynarex Ultrasound Gel is acoustically correct, therefore it is recommended for wide range of frequencies used in ultrasound echo imaging systems.
- This Ultrasound gel will not damage transducers.
- Is bacteriostatic, non-staining, non-irritating, non-greasy and fragrance-free.
- Available in blue or clear and sold in 1.3 gallon collapsible jugs or refillable 8.5 ounce bottles for easy dispensing.
- The gel can be used with any equipment that requires a aqueous, conductive gel (for external use only).
What is it made of?
Ultrasound gel is a thick slippery substance typically made of water and a substance known as propylene glycol. Propylene Glycol is a substance used to absorb water and maintain moisture. It is used in the food, cosmetics and medical products industry and is generally recognized as safe (GRAS). It rarely causes toxic effect in very unusual circumstances. Propylene glycol is a humectant which means that increases moisture retention in the skin, is well tolerated and should not cause any irritation or redness.
What does it Do?
Ultrasound sound waves do not transfer well from the skin to the sound head when the sound head is pressed directly to the skin. The sound waves penetrate the skin more easily a medium such as Ultrasound gel is used. The ultrasound gel is designed specifically for that purpose.
Ultrasound gel is not a suitable alternative for defibrillation gels. Defibrillation gels contain salt which can decrease resistance up to 20%. Ultrasound gels do not have enough sodium chloride content therefore, they should not be used. Please see the white paper for additional information.
Safety Data Information:
This product is non hazardous and does not require a safety data sheet. If you require more information on this product or any of the products that CMT has to offer, please direct your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8.5 fl. oz – Blue, 5 liters-Blue, 8.5 fl. oz. Clear, 5 liters Clear