REVIVE FITTING KIT OTC PESSARY FOR INCONTINENCE
REVIVE FITTING KIT OTC PESSARY FOR INCONTINENCESKU: OI-0035
The Revive OTC pessary for incontinence is an FDA cleared, clinically tested device to reduce leakage from stress urinary incontinence. This fitting kit includes 30 bladder support fitting devices to ensure that Revive works for your patient. The Revive system is very easy to use as it is inserted and removed like a tampon. This reusable bladder support can be used 12 hours a day before removal, cleaning and reinsertion to cover a full 24 hour period if needed. Revive allows the user to discontinue using pads or adult diapers and enjoy life, outside the home.
Looking for the single Revive Kit? Click Here
Just looking for replacement strings? Click Here
What is the Revive OTC Pessary for Incontinence:
The Revive OTC pessary for incontinence is an FDA cleared, clinically tested device to reduce leakage from stress urinary incontinence. The Revive system is very easy to use as it is inserted and removed like a tampon. This reusable bladder support can be used 12 hours a day before removal, cleaning and reinsertion to cover a full 24 hour period if needed. Revive allows the user to discontinue using pads or adult diapers and enjoy life, outside the home.
Who is Revive intended for:
Revive is intended to assist patient who:
- Have Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Have Stress Urinary incontinence due to Child birth
- Have Stage 1 or 2 prolapse
Revive is perfect for Pelvic Floor Therapists treating SUI patients. The APTA has indicated that pessary fitting and management is within scope of practice. This allows the pessary option instead of continuing the use of pads/diapers thereby saving your patients money during the course of treatment!
Treating therapist can use CPT Code 57160 for the initial fitting and then use code A4562 for patient taking home the revive.
What are the benefits of using Revive:
- Revive OTC Pessary works with 77% of adults with mild to moderate incontinence.
- Cost: Revive costs $1.13 per day compared to the $100 per month for a low end adult diaper wearer using 4 pad per day. (Source: IDiaper)
- It is discreet and easy to use and remove. Just like a tampon!
- Comfortable fit: Once inserted correctly, you should not even feel it.
- No embarrassing bulkiness that you have with pads or diapers and no need of smuggling them out of public restrooms, like used diapers!
How Revive Works:
Insert Revive vaginally, like a tampon. It provides non-absorbent, comfortable support to the urethra muscles to temporarily reduce urine leakage in Women with SUI. Revive works from the inside out to reduce leakage caused by SUI – without the need for surgery or use of bulky, unsanitary/smelly pads or products that merely mask the symptoms.
How do I know if Revive Support Device will work for me?
Nearly 77% of women who tried Revive found it to be an ideal bladder leakage solution that improved their stress urinary incontinence condition and overall quality of life. Although Revive offers advantages over other stress urinary incontinence products, it might not work for everyone. Don’t use Revive if:
- Aren’t able to insert and remove things vaginally, or don’t feel comfortable doing so.
- Are pregnant.
- Have symptoms of a urinary tract infection or vaginal infection.
- Have heavy incontinence
What are the indications for Revive?
Revive is for urine leakage caused by stress urinary incontinence in women, 18 years and older.
Are there any health conditions that prevent people from using Revive?
Revive® should not be used if:
- You are pregnant, or have given birth within the last 3 months.
- You have had a miscarriage, vaginal surgery, perineal surgery or uterine surgery in the past 3 months you should not use Revive.
- It is contraindicated if you have had an intrauterine device (IUD) placement in the past 6 months.
- Do not use if you are currently experiencing an active vaginal or urinary tract infection.
- You have difficulty, pain, or burning sensation when urinating.
- You are currently experiencing an active vaginal or urinary tract infection.
- Do not use if you are wearing an intravaginal device, such as a tampon or menstrual cup.
- If you are experiencing any vaginal bleeding, such as menstruation.
Revive® is for temporary management of urine leakage caused by stress urinary incontinence (SUI) in women, 18 years of age or older.
Are there risks with using Revive?
Potential side effects: mild vaginal discomfort or irritation, mild vaginal spotting or bleeding, increased vaginal discharge, inability to urinate or to fully empty the bladder (remove Revive® bladder support if this occurs). Stop using the Revive® bladder support and call your doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms: Difficulty, pain or burning sensation, which are signs of a urinary tract infection. Vaginal pain, itching, irritation, or foul-smelling discharge, which are signs of a vaginal infection, worsening of incontinence symptoms, which may be an indication of pelvic organ prolapse. If you have prolapse Revise may not be effective.
Will the use of Revive cause an infection of Toxic Shock Syndrome?
Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) can result by any product inserted into your vagina. During Testing, Revive did not increase the risk of TSS. There were no reported incidents of TSS during clinical trials. TSS is a rare disease, but it is very serious and can potentially cause death if not treated right away. If you have any symptoms of TSS, immediately remove Revive® and contact a healthcare provider. Wash your hands before using Revive®, and follow the instructions for use for proper handling and cleaning of the bladders support and applicator. If you have an active infection, do not use Revive®.