Anal Dilators-Dilatan Plus
Anal Dilators-Dilatan PlusSKU: ADCRS-XXXXXX
DILATAN PLUS anal dilators are a cryo-thermal anal dilator available in 5 different sizes and are 4.5″ high. Three boxes are available (18/20 mm), (23/27 mm) and (30 mm), measurement is for diameter. They can be heated or cooled to treat such conditions as Stenosis, Hypertonia, Postoperative Stenosis & Anal Bleeding.
Web ID: 409
Web ID: 409
DILATAN PLUS are a set of cryo-thermal anal dilators available in 5 different sizes only to be used when advised by a licensed clinician. Three boxes are available (18/20 mm – diameter, 23/27 mm – diameter and 30 mm – diameter), offering patients the most suitable size for their particular problem and individual anatomy. Each dilator is 4.5″ high.
DILATAN PLUS consists of an inert plastic shell with a large disk at the base to allow the patient to grip the device easily. Each sealed dilator contains a thermal jelly which, when heated or cooled, maintains the dilator temperature during use.
Thermotherapy (warm) or cryotherapy (cold) dilators may be used effectively to treat differing pathologies. For the following conditions the dilator should be used warm, up to but not exceeding 50 degrees Celsius:
- Stenosis (contraction) of the anus, due to cicatricial or idiopathic origin
- Hypertonia or spasm due to, and sustained by, hemorrhoids, proctalgia or fistulas
- Prevention of postoperative stenosis due to hemorrhoids or fistulas
For the following conditions, the dilator should be cooled to not below 32 degrees Fahrenheit:
- Anal bleeding.
For other conditions, the temperature of the dilator does not matter. Sizes 18 and 20 (suitable for women or children) and size 23 are indicated for the treatment of hypertonic anal sphincter, actinic proctitis – often associated with anal stenosis – and in tight anal stenosis.
In spasm and in the treatment of the chronic anal fissures associated with severe hypertonic anal sphincter, the larger dilators (27 and 30) should be used.
Directions for use:
In CRYOTHERAPY, cool the appropriate dilator in a refrigerator or immerse in ice and water for 10-15 minutes.
In THERMOTHREAPY, immerse the dilator in warm water (no greater than 50°C) for 10-15 minutes.
The DILATAN PLUS anal dilators works well regardless of whether the lower bowel is full or empty. In case of spasm, sitting in a warm water bath prior to insertion will help relax the sphincter muscles and assist the therapy.
Prior to insertion, the dilator should be covered with a water soluble lubricant.
Sitting in the bath or lying on the bed, insert the dilator slowly up to its base. Keep it in position for two to three minutes, and then pull it slowly out. It is advisable not to stand or walk with the dilator in position.
- Following haemorrhoidectomy, dilations should be performed once or twice daily for the first month, reducing to three times a week for the second and third. This will greatly relieve post-operative discomfort.
- In cases of anal stenosis, twice-daily use of the dilator is advisable. Treatment should be continued for several months .
- For other conditions, DILATAN PLUS anal dilators should be used twice a day while symptoms persist, and the treatment continued for at least a month after the symptoms have ceased .
DILATAN PLUS anal dilators must always be washed after use with warm water and neutral soap. If necessary, leave for several hours in a disinfectant solution.